Poetry

Poetry by Regina Filomeno

Pages

October 13, 2014

The Restless Universe

I’m restless. Things are

calling
                me
                                away.
                                                                                This space,
                                                                                                                This time,
I’m not of it.
                                I’m not from it.
                                                                So what is it? Can someone tell me please?
                It hurts when I crash into my body—
this cramped shell confines all of the universe
into one beating heart. A meteor on fire,
                 it charges like a lithium battery.
                                                               My eyes blink opening nebulas. Exploding into black holes. 
                                            My mind is a planet. Floating silently into infinity. 
I am stardust. 
                           A string of theories sewn together into a web
                                                                                                    of existential breath and light. 
I'm restless, things are
   
calling me away...
                                            it seems that my hair is being pulled by the stars again.


 Inspired by Anaïs NinFire: From "A Journal of Love" The Unexpurgated Diary of Anaïs Nin, 1934-1937