Poetry

Poetry by Regina Filomeno

Pages

April 4, 2014

Rush Hour Variety Show

Have you ever hugged your teddy bear so tight,
his marbled eyes bulged?
I have.

Have you ever sobbed so heavily,
you couldn't tell snot from tear?
Well, I have too.

Have you ever wished to be thinner, thicker or just plain different altogether?
Hell, I know I have wished that too!

Haven't we all?!


So, heres a salute to:
my bald headed, pink-wearin', cancer bashin' soldiers...
A nickel flip in the cup, to the jazzy gent soothin' Chi-town streets with his sax.
Big, wet 'n' sloppy puppy kisses welcoming us home.
Grannie dancin' herself outta those high heeled shoes at the wedding.
(Why did she wear 'em anyways?)
The star-gazers.
The protesters.
Tax collectors,
con-men and street artists.
Hustlers.
Hippies.
The homeless and never home,
Wall-street suit guy. 
The BBW's, dainty petites and average Joes. 
Grill masters. 
Vegans.
Meat-heads, models, gym rats,
army brats and ministers.
And you too! The introverts and outcasts. 

I see you.
I mean, I really see ya.

From your vibrantly drooling grins...
to your denture-filled mouths.
I see you.

Because, most importantly,
I am what I see in you.
Life...of the human variety...
Forever different, but always the same.

No comments: